Are You Following the Social Media Rule of Thirds?
EXPANDED POST: http://blog.hootsuite.com/social-media-rule-of-thirds/
I’m great at #2, but think my #3 needs some work. 😉
What is Social Media’s Rule of Thirds?
- ⅓ of your social content promotes your business, converts readers, and generates profit.
- ⅓ of your social content should surface and share ideas and stories from thought leaders in your industry or like-minded businesses.
- ⅓ of your social content should be based on personal interactions and build your personal brand.
- Put your Pride Aside and Share Another Business’s Content
- Why is sharing outsider content by other businesses or thought leaders so important?
- Make Lists: Create lists of influencers, competitors, industry keywords and thought leaders
- Set up Streams: Multiple streams simplify your listening opportunities
- Use Multiple Re-Tweet Styles
- Getting personal on social media
- Listen and engage with your community